Liquid Sundays happens Sunday September 7, 2008.
I am coordinating photographers and social media experts to cover this event. Liquid Sundays is a local event that occurs every other month and features local artists, bands, spoken word performers, and fashion designers. The goal is to bring recognition to Pittsburgh’s thriving art and music community and to inform residents about this fabulous ongoing event.
Interested in participating and being on the guest list?
Email sarah at geekstar.com with the following:
- Email address
- List if you are a photographer, blogger, podcaster, press writer or photographer etc. (Photographers are asked to upload their photos to Flickr.com with the tag liquidsundays and also liquid sundays)
- URL of blog, website, podcast if applicable
- If you would like to conduct interviews with the bands or organizers, please note in your email.
I will add your name to the guest list for Sunday night. Your guests will need to pay admission. The guest list is for press only. Thanks!
Additional press info follows including overview, press release, imagery:
- Doors open 6:30 PM Sunday Sept. 7 at Olive or Twist (Liquid is upstairs)
- Wi-fi will be availble for live blogging, uploads, etc.
- Photography and video are permitted
- For press requesting interviews, there will be special section of the bar TBD where you will be able to conduct interviews during set times at the event. Please note in your email to sarah at geekstar.com if you will be participating.
- Photographers: Please upload photos to Flickr.com and tag them with liquidsundays and also liquid sundays
- Social Media: Please tag posts with liquidsundays and liquid sundays
Event information, press release, photos, and URLs to help you with your post follows.
Twitter? Blog? Facebook? MySpace? Text? Etc….Please post info about the event prior. Facebook Event – invite friends: http://www.new.facebook.com/event.php?eid=22550925749Blogs/websites – here is info or you can link to:
Event information: Date: Sunday, September 7, 2008 Time: 7 PM-11 PM (doors 6:30 PM) Parking: Look for street spots or there are plenty of garages in immediate areaLocation: Olive or Twist (140 6th Street, Pittsburgh PA; Over 21 show)
www.olive-twist.com Drink specials: $1 off Yuengling drafts and $5 signature ‘Liquid’ martinis
Fashion show with fashion provided by these Lawrenceville boutiques:
Music by local bands:
- The Lost Sea (myspace.com/thelostsea)
- Central Plains (myspace.com/thecentralplains)
- Thee Adora (myspace.com/theeadora)
Including special guest: Flash the DJ
Press Release:Contact: Ryan Phipps 724.650.1573
Pittsburgh, PA On Sunday, September 7, 2008 Liquid Sunday will be hosting their first ever Fashion Edition at Olive or Twist downtown.Lawrenceville area boutiques, Sugar and Pavement, will be providing two runway shows alongside music from The Lost Sea, Central Plains, TheeAdora and Flash the DJ.A bi-monthly event, Liquid Sunday features Pittsburgh’s most talented bands and artists. Doors open at 6:30 with the showcase commencing at 7:00 p.m. Cost is $5 and you must be 21 or over
Liquid Sunday began in March of 2007 as a way to showcase local Pittsburgh musicians, bands, artistis, and spoken word performers. The event was developed by Ryan Phipps and Dan Martin of Soulharmonic. “We recognized that Pittsburgh has some extremely talented musicians and artists and we wanted to find a way to help promote the local scene,” says Phipps.
With a host of volunteers, the event has become extremely successful featuring local bands such as the Takeover UK, Life in Bed, Shade, Soulharmonic, Lohio, Donora, and many others. In addition, an incredible array of work from many local artists has been displayed. Much of the artwork is available for purchase.
For a complete listing of past participating bands and artists, please visit Liquid Sundays at myspace.com/liquidsundays.com.
Liquid Sundays: Fashion Edition
Date: Sunday, Sept. 7 2008
Location: Olive or Twist (140 6th Street, Pittsburgh PA; Over 21 show)
Fashion by Lawrenceville Boutiques: Sugar and Pavement
Bands: The Lost Sea, The Central Plains, Thee Adora
DJ: Flash the DJ
The Central Plains:
The Lost Sea:
Liquid Sundays official flyer: